So in this blog post, i’ll be talking about the materials used for my game that i’ve been making this semester for BCM300. I’ve changed the concept of my game already! Because I feel that the futuristic theme didn’t play too much into the game itself. So I’ve changed it.
I drew inspiration from other games like “One Night Ultimate Werewolf” and “Mafia”, incorporating aspects of each and using similar ideas in the game I’ve created, called “The Lockout Inn”.
“The Lockout Inn” is located in a city similar to Sydney and shows a potential outcome of the devastating 1am or 2am lockout laws placed on the city. That outcome being a group of people locked in a pub until they open up later that afternoon.
So, back to the materials. The materials I’m going to be using are cardboard for the box (of course), cardboard playing cards, a paper booklet describing all the roles and rules, dice and that’s it. I intend to use a free app which will guide players through the night phase of the game, similar to “One Night Ultimate Werewolf”.
I was doing some research on how much it would cost to sell 1000 boxes of “The Lockout Inn” roughly with a website called:
Again, i’d like to remind you, it’s a rough estimate. Apparently it will cost around 4,900 AUD to sell 1000 games.
For the game cards, I’ve made a prototype that I think is the one i’ll stick to.
I’ve done some quick little drawings for the character called the bartender. I have a couple more ideas for different cards for certain situations e.g having the bartender provide healing potions or the Killer’s tokens/murder cards.
These were my favourite cards that I made for the health system in the game. I chose grey instead of orange because when I played it for the first time with friends, the cards got messy very easily and it made it difficult to play. Especially because half the time the players eyes are closed.
Check out “One Night Ultimate Werewolf”